Monday, July 27, 2009

Still waiting...

Thanks for all the emails. I am doing fine. We still haven't gotten the test results back from the swab test yesterday, I guess they sorta dropped the ball but they should be here by tonight. I had a dream last night that the results came back and I was the only one positive. Scary! I already mentioned to a few people that I have been around swine flu (I only told them so they wouldn't worry too much about it--it's not really that bad after all) so one guy decided that it was all my fault and I have been carrying it around and infected everyone. sigh. I really am fine though. My roommate has stopped freaking out so much so that is nice. I have mostly just stayed in my room today and slept. It is getting much more difficult to use the computer because there are very few of them now that people are willing to share (too many germs apparently).Christine's test results came back for the more accurate swine flu test and she is positive. Weird because she was only feeling sick for a few hours. So she will stay in the hospital until she tests negative. I do have some good news! They brought us all tamaflu (an antiviral that helps our immune systems to fight off viruses). We started taking it last night and we have to take it twice a day (they are assuming we all have it and are being treated thus, for prevention you take it once a day for 10 days). So that means that after 5 days of tamaflu we are ALL going to get a swab test and those of us that test negative are going to be allowed to leave! If we're not negative we'll have to stay in quarantine but I am assuming we will be taken to the hospital and no longer be stuck in this icky building.
Some people decided not to take the tamaflu (we miss you Aly!). They are being quarantined to the 4th floor and are to have no contact with the rest of us. They have to be swabbed after 7 days and their quarantine will restart if anyone gets sick during that time. Hopefully they all stay healthy and can leave after a week...
I am having a bit of a dilemma with what to do after quarantine. I think I might change my mind about it several times. The Koreans are still considering doing the second camp (it wasn't set to start until the 7th anyway) so there may be that option...that would probably be the only way that I could get the 4 credits I came for. We are being given the option to come home as soon as possible but we don't even know how long that would take since it isn't always the easiest thing to find last minute flights for everyone.
My fear is that if I stay with the group there is a chance that someone else will get swine flu and this whole nightmare will start over again. So my thrid option I was thinking about was to see if it is possible to leave the group and see Korea a bit on my own for a week or something and still fly home early. I keep flip flopping back and forth. All I know is I want out of here and to get away from the group. It would suck to go through all this and not get any credits though also. I don't know.
Today the Koreans supplied us with a fridge and a whole convenience store's amount of snacks! We have chocolate and crackers and all sorts of yummy snacks! It made my whole day. Plus they are doing their best to cook us food we like. 2 people here are massage therapists and are giving us chair massages later tonight! So at least I've got that goin' for me.
Alright, I will get on the computer as much as I can but it might not be every day anymore. Love and hugs! Can't wait to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment