Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass...

Alright, so last night we had to decide for sure whether or not to stay or go and I decided to stay. I think it would be sad to get all the way here and never see anything. The Koreans really don't want us to leave with such a bad impression of their country and are doing their best to make us comfortable. Right now there are 2 possibilities...we should know the final decision this afternoon. 1) Go on a cultural tour of the country for a week and fly home early 2) camp will continue as planned, we will pick up where we left off and only teach 1 camp and then do the same cultural tours as previously planned (temple stay and tour of Jeju island and Seoul).
I decided this after talking to Christine who, even after the worst possible experience here wants to stay and teach. She is totally gung-ho and after some thought I decided it would be pretty lame for ME to be the one to go home after all that. SO more info to come about what I'm doing and when I'm coming home. She is coming back to Wando tomorrow afternoon with all the other swine flu-ees! Yay! They have been in the hospital in a clean room, the doctors even wear their little space suit things when they go in their room!
Our head teacher Kristen made the point that next time we're in an interview and they ask us how we cope in difficult situations...
Anyway, things are fine and I miss and love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, Thank you for all the love and support you have given Christine. I finally got to talk to her and she appreciates you more than you can know and so do I. You are a really great person! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I wish I could have done more. She has really impressed me with her ability to stay so positive with everything after her ordeal. What an awesome daughter you have :)

    ReplyDelete