Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In the crazy house




So we're up to 8 confirmed cases of the swine. I am still feeling good, only 3 more days of meds to go and then I can get out of here. I think I'd like to see the country a bit but I am so afraid of being re-quarantined that I think I will do my best to escape the group and go off on my own for a while. I'd still like to see if I can get an earlier flight out of here. We find out in a couple days if they decide to still continue with the second camp (I can't believe anyone still wants to teach).
It really does feel like being in a mental hospital...we get our meds served to us twice, morning and night. 3 healthy meals at 8, 12:30 and 6. We have planned "activities" and classes during the day and the only things we can do are use the computer or get outside and do healthy things like hiking or team sports.
I am so thankful that I have an awesome room mate Susan (Su-Chen) who is fun to talk to and downloads funny movies on her computer :) I am also going to see if Shannon will escape with me and travel around the country so I don't have to go alone...I hope I can get ahold of Christine and see if she will come too! They are doing well but still don't have internet access. Much love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment