Monday, August 10, 2009

oh yeah

I forgot to mention that Dan saved someone's life last night! He went out with Joe (to light more fireworks of all things) to the beach boardwalk. They found a nice Piano bar and were talking with some Korean people who were playing Rock, paper, scissors. If they lost then they would throw the loser into the ocean. At some point they all started screaming because one of the guys was being carried out to sea and swallowing water. Dan grabbed a rope and swam out to the man and rescued him! I guess the man was vomiting water and getting CPR and then the news came. Wow. Way to go Dan! I learned that he was on the swim team and was a lifeguard for 5 years. I am so amazed by our Mokpo hero!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle! I don't know what to say. You made a comment about the book I just read, I replied, and then discoverd that you are in SK! You are such a rock star-adventurer and impress me beyond belief. I've decided to go in late to work so I could read your entire blog and now I am all up-to-date. Brilliant travelogue. Good job to your body for resisting disease and taking you everywhere in the world that you choose to go. Sending you good vibrations. Love, Jesse

    P.S. Did I ever tell you about my favorite sweatshirt as an imaginative and awkward eleven-year-old? It featured a painted unicorn with a wicked lace mane. Yes, it's mane was a super-glued piece of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for wanting to read it :) I am so jealous of your awesome sense of style as an 11 year old girl. I think we should somehow re-create your sweatshirt with sharpies and some of my grandma's old doilies.

    ReplyDelete